Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 5

Five days out from the bad news and two things happened that surprised me:

1) One of my employees said enthusiastically, "She can have one of my kidneys!!" She was serious, too. This is the first person who has offered and she did it so matter-of-fact-ly. "I'm not using it! I'm an orgasm donor anyway so I might add well donate an organ while I'm alive and see the benefit." Absolutely blew my mind. If I weren't all cried out for today I would have lost it.

2) I received a phone call from a work acquaintance who said, " Your voice sounded so sad I didn't even think it was you." That's me now. The new me. Sad voice on the other end of the phone.

V told me how exhausted she's been feeling. I think she used the expression, "dead blood syndrome." I don't know if that's a thing or an expression she's made up. It sounds awful. I suggested chlorophyll water as it stimulates red blood cell growth and it's not nephrotoxic It also tastes pretty good. I'll bring her some when I see her next. Thanks #pressedjuicery. Who knew?

We're going to have lunch tomorrow. It will be good too see her with my own eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment